Sunday, December 30, 2012

ACTUALLY USEFUL INFO #juicy #obnoxious


FRIENDS

I MISS YOU

I'M SUCH A TERRIBLE BLOGGER

ITS BEEN OVER A WEEK

I'm sorryyy, but I had no motivation to write because.......

I'M BEGINNING TO HAVE A LIFE AGAIN

Things that happened this week:

  • Made it through Christmas alive, and I was able to eat most of my dinner YAY.  That was everyone's Christmas wish right?
  • Hung out some biffs from home and took this picture


  • Went to see Les Miserables... .  .   .    .     .      .       .         .           .             .
  • Realized that zero of my cloths fit, anddddd
  • Bought cloths. I was right... Not eating for over a week and a half = weight loss
  • Went to Panera more times than I'm willing to admit..... 
So beautiful So much bread
  • Found out that I have zero strength... lol I can't lift anything anymore
  • Came to the realization that Elephants, specifically African Elephants, are my favorite animals in all of the world... LOOK AT THEM:

SO ADORABLE
SO MAJESTIC
  • And last but certainly not least....


***** STARTED TO SING AGAIN *****

AHHHHHHHHH EXCITEMENTTTTTTTTTTT


FINALLY YAY LOOK I'M EXITED.


Since I've only been able to vocalize for 15-30 minutes at a time, it's hard to gauge what my voice is actually doing.  I will probably start actually practicing repertoire later this week, it took a long time for my body to calm down, so I decided to take a little bit more time before starting to sing again.  As I've said before, my uvula was very swollen, my tongue was sore, and my jaw was giving me issues.  All of these are very normal symptoms of the surgery, and could happen to anyone, but they made me tack on about 5 more days before I felt comfortable singing again... This brings me to my new segment in this blog...

Singing things WHEE(These aren't funny so kill me yayyyy):

About 2 weeks in, once my throat and body took a chill pill(literally?) I started with humming, 3 times a day for 5 minutes at a time(What a tease).
Then I moved on to other exercises that my fantastic professor gave me to start getting back into singing, working out the muscles back there, and making sure that my sound was being placed correctly and not in my nose, which could happen.(If you are a singer going through this, feel free to ask!)

And that's it for the singing so far... X-ITI-NG RITE?!?!?


Other non "vocal" exercises that she recommended(and I really needed):


 Stretch your tongue over your bottom teeth, like you're sticking your tongue out or trying to touch the bottom of your chin with your tongue. During surgery they have to really get all of that out of the way, and there can be bruising/a little bit of pain in the back of your tongue muscle. I'd recommend doing it any time you're alone and remember it.  It doesn't feel good, but it WILL help you not have pain and tension later on, I already see improvement.

Deep yawn stretches will help get the muscles in the back of your throat back into shape.  For me, they were very irritated from the uvula, and just by forcing yourself to yawn/stretch, they will start to be less cramped.  Again, do these as much as you can remember to do them.

Warning, both of these do not feel good.  We all know I'm nuts, and maybe it's just me, but they hurt a little. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do, but that will be good for us later... Right boys and girls?

ANY-WHO

For all of you that read this part and aren't getting your tonsils out. You're sick freaks & I <3 U.

Amazing Tips Time.

These are things that I should have done and didn't, or did, but could have done more in one to two sentence blurbs. You're welcome.
  1. Hydration is key.
  2. Be prepared to sit, a lot. This is only half of a joke, seriously mentally prepare.
  3. Give yourself time to heal, don't be a hero. Rest friends, rest.
  4. Swallow swallow swallow swallow... Oh, and did I say, swallow?
  5. Diluted Gatorade is the way to go.
  6. Take your medicine.... Seriously stay on top of it and don't be afraid to ask for more. Set a timer and wake up and take it in the middle of the night, you'll sleep through your night time round and wake up in pain.
  7. Protein is gud.  Eggs are awesome.
There are things that I can't remember right now.... I'll keep updating/repeating things over because again... I'M NUTZ


SHOUT OUT TIME:

I'd like to make a quick shout out to my dear friend Carmen who got his tonsils out very suddenly(They walked right out) on Thursday! I'm so very sorry I wouldn't wish this on anyone!


Inspiration of the day(week/month/year/forever....?):



Here is a poem about sining:

Singing
Is
Really
Fun

la
La
LA
I missed it


Wow that was lame sorry guys

No comments:

Post a Comment